Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
March 24, 2020
March 23, 2020
Unemployment During COVID-19 School Closures
This past Friday, Governor Ducey announced that Arizona schools would remain closed because of the COVID-19 outbreak for an additional 2 weeks, through Friday, April 10th.
The Governor also issued an executive order to expand access to potential unemployment benefits for employees affected by the outbreak.
Please note: the information below only applies to employees who are not receiving pay during the school closures.
Potential benefits may be applied retroactively to March 11th, and applications can be submitted starting today, March 23rd. You may be eligible for benefits because of the expanded access.
More information, as well as the application link, can be found on the website for the Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES):
Some basics of the expanded unemployment benefits:
- You do not have to be separated from employment with ESI to apply for benefits under the order for expanded access.
- The normal one week waiting period and the requirement to seek other work have both been waived.
- All applications must be submitted online. The Department of Economic Security does not have offices for in-person applications.
Our payroll and benefits staff will be standing by to complete any required employer verification steps requested by the DES as quickly as possible, however, our ESI team is unable to answer any questions about potential eligibility, DES determinations, or benefit levels. We also do not know how long applications might take to process. We recommend you visit the Arizona Department of Economic Security site.
Here is information you might need when applying:
Employer: Educational Services, Inc.
Address: 14614 N Kierland Blvd, Ste 230 Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Federal Tax ID: 86-0950510
DES Employer Account Number: 4876400-7
Educational Services, Inc.
March 20, 2020
March 15, 2020
March 12, 2020
Educational Services, Inc. (ESI) is closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and its current and potential impacts here in Arizona. Our biggest concern is the health and well-being of our employees, the students, and the families in our communities.
We are in close contact with our school district partners and will work together to provide information and timely updates on developments that might affect you. In addition, we continue to look to our local and state officials for their guidance.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and ESI will provide updated information on our ESI website as it becomes available.
What can you do now?
If you’ve recently traveled or are planning to travel to a country with a Level 3 Travel Health Notice, please contact ESI immediately at 480-719-3271.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends the following to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces like door knobs, light switches, and electronic devices using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
We encourage you to visit the following sites for the most current and accurate information:
Thank you for doing your part to keep our community healthy and safe!
Educational Services Inc.